Would you like to go home every day knowing you made a difference in the life of a child? If so, join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team and be an impact player making a difference in one of the most prominent agencies in the country.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has the following position available: Match Support Specialist located in Denton, TX.
Position Summary: Provide regular case management support to match participants to ensure longer and stronger match relationships. Conduct match introductions to launch new match relationships.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year
Job Location: Denton, TX
Required Education: Bachelor's
Required Experience: Non-clinical case management for 1 year
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- Maintain an assigned caseload of 95-100 Community Based and/or School Based matched
- Contact volunteers, parents and children according to agency standards based on length of match, in order to:
- Provide both on-going risk management and support to keep the match going;
- Discuss match activity, personal safety reminders, and goal accomplishments;
- Make assessments and produce comprehensive documentation related to individual training needs, information, and support needs for each match participant
- Share information about agency activities, programs, and opportunities to donate
- Conduct match introductions and match closures according to BBBSA and agency standards
- Re-engage volunteers, children and parents as appropriate after match closure
- Conduct match evaluations/satisfaction surveys and annual outcome evaluations with parent, child and volunteer; input according to BBBSA and Case Management Manual
- Write and input comprehensive assessment notes within agency database regarding case management discussions according to BBBSA and agency time frames and standards for every touch point with a match participant.
- Attend match activities as assigned, seeking opportunities to make meaningful in-person contacts with matches
- Become familiar with community resources for client information/referral and sharing knowledge and information with staff members as appropriate.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a social or human science, such as social work, sociology or psychology.
- One year experience in a non-clinical case management environment preferred and within a role that required a heavy volume of phone work for extended periods of time.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and keyboard skills of at least 45 words per minute error free.
- Prior experience working with a database helpful.
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to varying local venues'
- Flexibility to work with diverse populations
- Resides in the Denton, TX area
- Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great benefits including retirement (matched); medical, dental and life insurance; HSA option; flexible spending account; education reimbursement, awesome time-off and casual dress.
Please submit resume to and indicate "Match Support Specialist - Denton, TX" in the subject line.
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters, visit www.bbbstx.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D