The Our Daily Bread (ODB) Volunteer Services Coordinator will perform all duties required to staff volunteers in designated shifts in the Volunteer Matters database to meet the needs of the mission of ODB. ODB requires 35 to 45 volunteers scheduled each day in order to have a smoothly run operation.
Accountability: Executive Director
Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm, Tuesday-Saturday
- Runs monthly report of volunteer hours. Emails copies of report to Executive Director and participating agencies.
- Conducts monthly volunteer services committee meetings consisting of: Chef and Assistant to the Chef, Senior Program Coordinator, Volunteer Check-In Volunteers (voluntary), Executive Director and Executive Administrator (ad-hoc).
- Submits monthly committee reports to Executive Director.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Communicates weekly with Chef, Senior Program Coordinator, and Executive Director regarding volunteer scheduling and issues.
- Coordinates Volunteer Check-In volunteers and ensure Volunteer Check-in volunteers are trained on how to manage volunteer shifts. This is done when a new Check-In volunteer arrives and with follow-up training as required.
- Coordinates Tarrant Area Food Bank Volunteer Drivers for Wal-Mart and Target. (Includes arranging for alternate drivers when needed.
- Maintains a list of TAFB drivers and contact information, with Short Term and Alternates identified. (List will be available to Executive Director)
- Coordinates Local Food Pick-Up Drivers. Includes arranging for alternates to drive when needed.
- Maintains a list of Local Food Pick-up Drivers with Alternates identified. (List will be available to Executive Director)
- Will conduct new –volunteer orientations at least once per week, more if deemed necessary. This entails following a script that outlines rules and regulations, an update on ODB services, and a tour of the operations.
- Works directly with the Event Planning Chairperson to coordinate volunteers for public relations, fund raising, staff, or volunteer events.
- Responds to requests from potential and existing volunteers via email and phone calls.
- Manage volunteer shifts in Volunteer Matters database (includes scheduling of volunteers who are not able or willing to schedule their own shifts).
- Manages Volunteer Matters database for updates, adds new shifts, modifies existing shifts, and deletes shifts (as directed by and approved by the Executive Director).
- Able to communicate and give directions well on a verbal and written basis.
- Must be reliable.
- Willing to take direction and carry out those directions without assistance.
- Must work well with volunteers and staff as a team.
- Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
- Ensure volunteers are oriented to safety standards and operating policies and processes.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to handle conflict and confrontation.
- Must be extremely organized.
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor Degree in Business or Management preferred.
- Technical expertise in managing a database preferred.
The deadline to submit a resume is July 15, 2017.